It should be expected that lines will move within 30 seconds of plays released – especially totals. In order to get full value of this service, it is important to find a solution that will allow you to place bets before line movement on a consistent basis. This can be a challenge for even the most experienced bettors. The more sport books you have access to the better chance you have of getting the released line.
- Make sure your method of receiving picks is optimized. We recommend experimenting with different e-mail and text message providers to determine if any is faster than the other.
- Competition for lines is more intense at the most popular sportsbooks and some sportsbooks just generally do not move lines as fast as others. If you are unsuccessful beating the line movement at one site, be sure to experiment with others.
- Figuring out which sites are less competitive or slower will make this process easier. Monitoring a premium live odds service such as Don Best or SportsOptions during a release can give you an idea of which sites are faster or slower.
- Every second counts. Be well prepared to place wagers quickly. There are little things you can do to make the process faster. Copy and paste bet amounts, have passwords saved in your browser.
- If you miss the play before line movement many times waiting will allow you to still place the bet when the line moves back closer to the original line release.